THE GEOCOGNITION AND GEOSCIENCE EDUCATION RESEARCH LISTSERV is a gathering place for news and events, and a place to ask questions about geocognition and geoscience education research. The list currently houses 283 members (4/2015).
BY JOINING THE LIST YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
1. Respect the Purpose of the List. The purpose of the list is to provide a place for discussion of issues related to geocognition and geoscience education research. This may include posting of questions, new research findings, job announcements, and similar notices.
2. Respect Others. Be collegial and respectful of others at all times, even when disagreeing. Negative or biased comments, about individuals or groups, are unacceptable. See, for example, MSU’s Bias Free communication guidelines.
3. Identify Yourself. Identify yourself at the end of each post with contact information.
4. Respect the Work and Privacy of Others. If you use any material posted on the list, make sure you give the author credit. Be careful in posting or referencing private correspondence – make sure you have permission first. Post copyrighted materials only with permission.
1. How Do I Join the List? To subscribe to this list send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following text in the body of the message (not the subject):
SUBSCRIBE GEOED-RESEARCH FirstName LastName
Example: SUBSCRIBE GEOED-RESEARCH John Smith
2. How Do I Leave the List? To unsubscribe to this list send an email to email@example.com with the following text in the body of the message (not the subject). Make sure you send the email from the email used to SUBSCRIBE to the list:
3. Why Is the List Moderated? The moderator oversees the list to ensure that members apply the principles outlined above. Members or postings that violate these principles may be removed at the discretion of the list moderator.